• You MUST have a valid Construction Induction Card / White Card by law
    • Don’t be fooled by online courses – you can’t obtain a Victorian White Card online
    • Best priced courses here, only $115 per person!

You need a valid White Card before you enter a construction site by law – without one it is illegal to work.

If you are from overseas this is Australia’s equivalent to a SafePass, OSH or CSCS card. To obtain a valid White Card you must complete a face-to-face (class based) course, not online.

The White Card course costs $115  per person and takes less than a day to complete. Upon successful completion you will be immediately qualified to work on site.

If you would like to enrol in a course to obtain your Construction Industry Induction Card (White Card), please register your interest by submitting the form or:

    • Phone: (03) 9017 0982
    • Visit: CONTIX TRAINING at Level 3, 456 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004



(03) 9017 0982

Visit us:
Level 3, 456 St Kilda Rd
VIC 3004

Opening hours:
8:30am to 4:00pm Mon to Fri

Nationally recognised training


Courses delivered by:


Training Org: 22580


CI CardAbout the construction industry: 

Construction in Australia has continued to be strong throughout the years and is a great place to start your career in Construction. Whether you are a graduate, apprentice, new entrant or working holiday traveller Australia can provide a number of solid opportunities. Many new workers will find that some of their skills will be transferrable while others may need to get their skills recognized by their industry body.

Overall, the construction industry is showing solid opportunities across the residential, commercial and civil sectors.

Legal Requirements:
By law, you need a White Card (AKA Construction Induction or “State Colour” Card, e.g Red Card) to work on a construction site. Without this it is a illegal to step foot on a construction site. The good news is that the white card course takes less than a day to complete and are run every week by providers such as:
Once you pass you are immediately able to work on site.

Employee vs. ABN vs. Cash in hand:
As an employee (PAYG basis) you work directly for a company/business and paid on a regular basis. Taxes and superannuation payments are disbursed by the employer and worker insurances are covered. This is the safest and most legitimate way to be engaged for work.
As a sole trader/contractor (ABN basis) by law you can only provide contract services to a company. It is your obligation to pay taxes, superannuation and insurances. You have very little protection and have to invoice for service and collect payment. There are a number of tests to check if you can actually be classified as a contractor – if you fail these tests you must be employed on a PAYG basis otherwise you may be liable for a number of charges and costs. To check, visit the ATO website.
Cash in hand, whilst offered by many businesses, working cash in hand is illegal. You are not covered by any work insurance and have no protection. It is often that people offered cash in hand never actually get paid.

Regional Work:
Living away from home allowance (LAFHA) is a tax offset that increases your take home pay. You are eligible for LAFHA if you are a skilled employee and working more than 150km from your home.
If you are a working holiday traveller and on your first year visa, you may be eligible to obtain a second year visa once you have accumulated enough working days in a regional location in an acceptable industry such as construction.